Before and After School Programs YEP
YEP Site Coordinator
510-935-1087 (YEP Cell Phone)
Christina Cantera - Group 1 (Kindergarten & 1st Grade)
Lesli Rodriguez- Group 2 (2nd & 3rd Grade)
Xia-Ha Alvarado- Group 3 (4th, 5th & 6th Grade)
The mission of the YEP is to use the resources, energy, and talents of the entire Hayward community to provide enrichment activities for our youth and to create a safe environment for children to interact and learn.
Serving students is at the heart of the YEP mission and philosophy. As resources allow, the YEP will serve as many students as possible. The YEP continually strives to improve services for all our children through staff training, program development, and the implementation of proven teaching materials and methods. The program is evaluated each year to ensure we meet our goals and objectives.
The YEP program is sponsored by the After School Education and Safety (ASES), the 21st Century Community Learning Centers (CCLC), and 21st Century High School After School Safety and Enrichment for Teens Programs (ASSETs).
Enrichment and Academic Support:
Homework: Students receive academic support and tutoring from high-quality staff to assist with completion of homework and assignments. Materials and printing services are available to students upon request.
MobyMax: MobyMax is a standards-aligned K–8 learning platform for math and literacy equipped with adaptive tests, test-prep lessons, interactive whiteboard activities, and motivational tools. This platform helps students improve academically while still having fun.
Enrichment: Students are offered a range of activities in various subjects such as literature, math, science, art, STEAM and much more. We utilize curriculum such as KidzLit, KidzMath, KidzScience, ReadersTheatre in addition to virtual art lessons, field trips and more. Students are given the opportunity to choose from a range of activities daily with activity stations.
Playworks: Students play a variety of group activities that are planned out by their program leaders. These activities are meant to help students engage in group play and learn cooperative play.
YAC (Leadership): Students will participate in a leadership group that focuses on creating and hosting events, parties, and celebrations geared towards YEP students after school. Some events created in the past include Healthy Fun Friday, Competition Day, Lights On, etc.
Calendar & Category Legend:
- Burbank Elementary School
- Cherryland Elementary School
- East Avenue Elementary School
- Eden Gardens Elementary School
- Eldridge Elementary School
- Fairview Elementary School
- Faith Ringgold School of Arts & Science
- Glassbrook Elementary School
- Harder Elementary School
- Longwood Elementary School
- Palma Ceia Elementary School
- Park Elementary School
- Ruus Elementary School
- Southgate Elementary School
- Stonebrae Elementary School
- Treeview Elementary School
- Tyrrell Elementary School
- Board of Education
- Confirmed Field Trips
- DELAC Main Calendar
- Main (District-wide & All Schools)
- Brenkwitz Alternative High School
- Hayward High School
- Mt. Eden High School
- Tennyson High School
- The Hayward Adult School
- Anthony Ochoa Middle School
- Bret Harte Middle School
- Cesar Chavez Middle School
- Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Middle School
- Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Middle School - Sports Calendar
- Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Middle School - Student Clubs
- Winton Middle School